- When in doubt, rent the mini-van - For a while, we had considered driving my car on this vacation. The week rental fee for the mini-van was totally worth it. Space is good.
- Check climate data before planning travel - In the winter go south; in the summer go north. This can't always be done, but think about it.
- Take a day off work before and after your trip if at all possible - I can't tell you how glad I am that I don't have to work tomorrow.
- Wear sunscreen and a hat. Period.
- A good breakfast does make the day start off right. And it can get you through a pretty active day.
The vacation re-cap will be posted tomorrow. For now, off to sleep for me.