Friday, August 22, 2008

Tagged! - Six Random Things (posted August 30, 2008)

I got TAGGED by Scott at All I'm Saying, which is okay, sort of. I am honored, but worried about fulfilling all of the associated responsibilities. You see...there are rules.

Here are the rules:


  1. Link to the person who tagged you.
  2. Post these six rules on your blog.
  3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
  4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them. (this is the hard part. do I know 6 people I can link to? We'll see how this turns out)
  5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog. (hmm)
  6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.
I started this entry over a week ago, and it has just never gotten finished. There are probably numerous reasons for the non-completion (work, being out of town, just plain being tired). But at this point, if I don't finish this entry, I will never get to write about the other stuff that I want to write about, or post any of the pictures that I plan to take this weekend. So...I better get it done.

So, without further postponement...here are my random things:

  1. My life has a soundtrack. You know in the movies how when people are doing anything, there is always some sort of music playing for the soundtrack. I have something in my head that creates the soundtrack for my life, so there is always some type of music playing. You'd think I could play an instrument or something. Lately my soundtrack has been a song that is very cool, but I have no idea what it is. It has a very 70's vibe. Lately I've been listening to all 70's music at work. Oops, that may have been too much information.

  2. I am number 5 of 5 kids. I always thought that if I owned a company it would be called "#5" or something like that. Coco Chanel may have a problem with that, but I'm not thinking it will happen anyway.

  3. I like all sports and I am very competitive, but in my ideal world, all the big games would end in a tie. I'd really like a world where everyone could actually win.

  4. I got my first car when I was 24. And I don't understand why college students think they need cars at school.

  5. Cirque du Soleil amazes me and I am on a quest to see all of them. Watch this video and you can see why.

  6. I'm okay with breaking the rules sometimes, but it takes thought for me to do so. I have to come to that after a while of reasoning and justification. So, that brings me to the "I'm breaking the rules" part of this TAGGED game.

I'm going to break rules #4 and #5 for the TAGGED blog rules. This whole tagging was really probably meant to be good fun and all for all the TAGGED bloggers. However, the pressure of linking to 6 other bloggers has really gotten the best of my blogging. I don't even know 6 people who blog. So, just like the recipe chain letters, where people say, come on, share a recipe, surely you have a recipe...I break the chain. I figure, why would anyone want one of my Campbell's soup recipes anyway? And, it is doubtful that I would use any of the recipes I get.

Just let this be fair warning to anyone who may tag me in the future. I will break your tagging chain. I may not even do the assignment.

So, to my friend Scott. Sorry to let you down and not fulfill all the rules. I have done the best I could by completing the writing assignment, and I am glad that you made me think about this a little bit. Maybe that is a random thing about me anyway. I never respond or forward or do anything with the chain letters I receive (even from family members!). And this, while consistent, may also be a random thing about me.

1 comment:

Mariandy said...

Exactly the kind of thing that I would eagerly do, only to emerge five hours later realizing that I had wasted the past five hours. :-)
BTW, I woke up this morning with a song by the Partridge Family in my head. Not "I Think I Love You" but a really obscure one that I remember from an eight track tape I used to have in, like, 1971. The earworm is so bad, I'm going to have to go on iTunes to see if they have it.