Sunday, August 10, 2008

Linksys May have beaten me

How many hours is required to set up a wireless router? Go ahead. Take a guess. If the number you said is less than 10, you are wrong. And I still can't figure it out.

It is funny. I had wireless all winter, then something happened in April or May or maybe even before that, and my router went out. So, I have done this successfully in the past. The first time, I remember it taking a while. I had to call the 1-800 number on the linksys literature. And I remember that what I was told on the phone was different than what was written in the "Easy Set-Up Guide". But you know I can't find that phone number now. Surely the online instructions have been updated. Surely.

I hope not. If they have been updated, something is seriously wrong, and I just need to go buy new stuff. Right now though, I will give up again. As for tonight's 2 hour session, it is over. The wires are hooked back in and I am back in my wired up business. We'll try again another day.

1 comment:

Mariandy said...

You might want to give S a call. She has special technology skills. Good luck!