Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The First Day of School

Today was the first day of school in Indianapolis, and most of the surrounding areas. So all the kids I know went back to school today. My nephew Trevor started the 2nd grade.

Every year at this time, I remember the feelings I had when I was in elementary school, and I always remind my Mom about them. I never slept before the first day of school. I was so nervous! I always thought that the next grade was going to be too hard for me and that I wouldn't get good grades. It was never as hard or scary as I dreamed up, and I always passed to the next grade.

So, you see, even at a very young age I was a little off. I remember going to my first non-animated movie and wondering if I would be smart enough to follow the story. I remember going in the movie theater and thinking that I really needed to pay attention so that I wouldn't get lost. Maybe it was because the movies and filmstrips at school were so boring. Needless to say, I was able to make it through.

No comments: