Monday, October 13, 2008

My New Coffee Machine

Somewhere in the deep, deep, deep, back part of my mind, I know that my love for my new coffee machine is wrong. But I do. I love it. I am the owner of a new Keurig coffee machine. My Mom got it for me for Christmas. Yes, Christmas 2008. She had a 30% off thingy, and she gave it to me early. Way early.

For those of you who don't know, the Keurig is one of those single cup coffee machines. On a recent trip to celebrate my friend Linda's birthday, I realized that there were 2 things that I needed to make me totally happy. A single cup coffee machine and memory foam. I'm still working on the memory foam.

My Keurig came with a variety pack of 10 different K-cups, a small dixie-cup size serving of coffee that fits right in the machine. My favorite so far is the Nantucket Blend from Green Mountain coffee. But even I question whether I really like the coffee so much, or is it just the name? I do love Nantucket and I had a great vacation there with my friend Sarah Bell one May. (Hi Sarah!)

So, I've had coffee every day now for a week. Every morning when I am feeding Tiger his breakfast, I get to fix myself a lovely single cup of coffee. I've also had the Hot Cocoa, which Trevor also tried this weekend and thought it was very tasty. I need to get some of the teas. I'm not big into tea, but my Mom is, so I want to be prepared when she gets here.

I know that soon this machine will probably be on the anti-green list. I know. I know. But, just let me enjoy for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi KT!

Thanks for the shout-out. I haven't had a chance to look at your blog in ages and what a nice surprise. Nantucket is fantastic even if too expensive to do anything but walk, bike and day visits. We had a nice time taking the kids there a couple years ago for a day.

For coffee, after searching for the "right" machine (and those one-cup things are tempting), I have discovered a very low tech way to make good coffee - I think it is called "coffee essence?" It involves soaking medium grind coffee in water over night on the counter and straining it so you are left with a non-bitter coffee concentrate to use in iced coffee or regular hot.

Talk to you later!
Sarah